Another beautiful day in Los Angeles. It was so nice out, it made me want to throw a skirt on. That is rare! And you know me and my comfy clothes. Nothing restricting here! After a morning of doing laundry, I spent the day with my dad and even helped him get a new phone. A very simple cell phone by the way! No camera, no internet, and he blocked texting. He’s hilarious…my dad is very old school and I love him for that! After, we met up with my hubby for a delicious meal at my favorite (in the whole wide world) Chinese food restaurant. Rumor is, my mom ate Chinese food 3 times a week when she was pregnant with me. That explains a lot!
Brenda’s back with a fashion and beauty update!
Living in Arizona means you must always have a summer dress and chic sandals around! It’s gets pretty hot out there! Curves and Chaos loves this floral print tube dress.
And when it comes to makeup, she doesn’t discriminate. Whether it’s an over-the-counter or department store product, Brenda just wants it to perform. It has to get the job done!
Here are a few of the beauty products she used to get the following looks.
- Flower headband from Styles for Less and earrings from Target. Anastasia eyebrow pencil, Revlon Colorstay liquid foundation, MAC Studio Fix powder, Loreal Mother Pearl eyeshadow, MAC Satin Taupe eyeshadow, Revlon Colorstay pencil eyeliner in black, Revlon Double Twist mascara, Revlon Colorstay lip color in natural, and MAC blush in Margin.
- The dress brand is unknown…she stole it from her sister. Ring is from Target and sandals are from Charlotte Russe.
- Revlon Color Cream shadow and MAC eyeshadow in Dazzlelight Tempting and Retro-Speck.
- MAC Studio Fix powder and Revlon Colorstay liquid foundation.
- Anastasia Brow Wiz eyebrow pencil. Brenda claims it’s the best! Anastasia only specializes in brow makeup.
- MAC Studio Fix Powder and Revlon Colorstay liquid foundation, Revlon Colorstay lip Color in natural, MAC lipstick in High Tea, MAC eyeshadow in Tempting, MAC Retro-Speck, Revlon Cream shadow on top of eyeshadow, Revlon eyeliner, and Loreal Voluminous mascara.
- Revlon eyelash curler, Loreal mascara and Revlon Colorstay eyeliner in black. All great by The way!
- Revlon Colorstay Overtime lip color in Timeless Nude.
Click on the cover to see the Evans Summer 2010 Catalog!
Looks like Hollywood got the short-hair memo. I might follow. With summer right around the corner, I am definitely considering a major hair chop-off. I’ve had my hair short before. So, it wouldn’t be anything too drastic for me. But, I’m trying to decide which short hair style to go with. The hubby isn’t too happy about this, he loves my hair long. I tell him it’s only hair, it’ll grow back.
Are you loving the short hair trend?
Over the past couple of years, I have blogged my little heart out. It wasn’t until this past January, when I created Curves and Chaos, that I realized just how much I’ve grown as a person. This isn’t a “pat myself on the back” moment either. I honestly believe that this community of amazing and beautiful curvy bloggers, has been exactly what I needed to realize what I love about myself.
- I know what true love is.
- I know I’m not perfect.
- I can be silly any minute of any day and not be embarrassed by it.
- I am comfortable in my own skin.
- I am stubborn and that’s OK.
- I use shopping as a way to relive stress.
- Sometimes, I eat dessert before dinner.
- I know the value of a hug.
- I rely on my faith to get me through this life.
- I know I would be nothing without the wonderful people in my life.
I don’t have one. I’ve never really been into this designer fashion thing, I don’t own anything from a expensive brand or a designer or anything Haute Couture. With one exception, some things from the Beth Ditto collection. So, if you want to call her a fashion designer, it would be her.
Till it’s not tooo hot outside I never go outside without a scarf, I just love them in every shape, size and color. Scarfs keep you warm and kind of cozy and they can bring a wonderful touch of color to a plain outfit….I know just ONE thing is ask, but I think I also would die without oversized bows and colorful headbands for my hair.
Hmmm that’s is a difficult question. The first thing I thought about was a deep black eyeliner, that doesn’t smudge, is water resistant and includes a slightly touch of silver glitter in it. But that’s is kind of boring, isn’t it? So I would create a matte intensively pink lipstick which tastes like cherry-vanilla-cupcakes, is fair traded and has a super cute packaging with illustrations from Simone Legno.
It would be London (or maybe Berlin) and I would bring black leggings, cause this is my all-time-favorite-piece and works with everything, my new coral skirt from ASOS, cause it adds a sweet touch of color and has a great quality and looks kind of elegant, a simple black shirt and my Beth Ditto Biker Jacket for the extra coolness. I would also pack a huge hair bow for my hair and my flat iron, some make-up, mascara, pink lipstick and eyeliner AND my Canon, I can’t go without my camera
I don’t understand all these women who say they feel betrayed by fashion. A piece of clothing can’t talk — it can’t tell you that you can’t have it — so really, you’re just telling yourself that. You make yourself the victim.”
Beth Ditto (The Times)
I think that most of it is true, we often feel as the victims of the situation we are in, cause there aren’t many options of nice clothing for us, but actually we ourselves decide what we want to wear or what we don’t.
Hey curvaliscious ladies!
Let me take a sec to introduce you to a new little feature.
“B.Chic: Fashion and Beauty by Brenda.”
Who is Brenda? She’s my beautiful cousin! I love this chick! After the past couple of weekends in Arizona, I’ve come to grow envious of her fashion styling and make-up skills! I’ve told her to go pro, but she won’t listen to me! And can you believe she’s a proud mommy!
Brenda will send me photos of her outfits and make-up, and I’ll post it here! Check out her reviews on Chick Advisor. (She’s in the process of building her profile.)
Shoes: Charlotte Russe
Bracelet: BBB Fashion
If you haven’t heard already, it was announced last week that UK plus-size retailer Simply Be, will launch their online store in the US this summer! Very exciting news!
That means we’ll be able to enjoy fashions like these!! Doesn’t fashion just make your heart flutter?
I’m going to stay closer to my price range…like Old Navy! One of my favorite stores to shop at. Here are three spring/summer alternatives, all under $40! And if the weather gets chilly, throw on a cardigan or wrap. Simple, easy, and cheap.