Big Beautiful Mess
Who is your favorite fashion designer and why?
Do you live by a fashion philosophy or quote? What is it?
Raise your hand if you loved the 90′s! Come on! Am I showing my age here? Anyone? Well, Elle Magazine’s July 2010 issue is claiming yet another 90′s grunge comeback. Are you going to pull out your flannels? Combat boots? Floral prints? Shredded jeans? Wait…do I hear crickets? All the decades are cool, but the 90′s were one of my faves. I don’t know about you, but I like it!
Summer has officially started and if you don’t believe me, just check your calendar. The 4th of July weekend is only a few days away! You know what that means…SALES! And you can’t forget the most important factor…the heat. The blazing sun is so unforgiving!
Interestingly enough, I think my hubby will really love this summer. Let me elaborate a bit…without getting too personal. LOL. Now, I’ve told you all before that I’m a t-shirt and sweats kind of girl. But, not this summer. I’ve never been so comfortable with my body and I am on a mission to make this a summer of firsts. Like…wearing lingerie to bed. I know! I know! But, I am a married woman who needs to keep the romance alive!
And after writing that review about that gorgeous Flyaway Babydoll from Lingerie.com, I realized how much I love wearing a sexy undergarment. And they definitely carry sexy plus size lingerie. Maybe these two will work?
Fashion…you are amazing. There are so many reasons, but we don’t have all day now do we? No, we don’t. So, let me just say that I love the fact that certain prints and styles are still hot today as they were back then. Oh…do you need an example? How about the use of stripes? They’re definitely a year-round trend and have been since the beginning of fashion.
These fashion photos, featuring stripes, were found over at MyVintageVogue.com. They are dated from the 1940′s to the 1960′s. I love the classic and feminine touches. Gorgeous!
Are you a vintage lover? Of course you are! Here are a few vintage pieces I found on the always amazing web site Etsy. If you love handmade and vintage items, then this is the site you need to visit. Such great one of a kind pieces here. Just like these four dresses I am drooling over.
- Black Magic Woman Vintage Dress Size 18 – Seller on Etsy: Scenes Vintage
- Vintage 1970′s Ruffle Disco Dress Lemon Yellow Size 20 – Seller on Etsy: Runz with Scissors Vintage
- Stevie Nicks Vintage Black Benee Dress Size 15/16 – Seller on Etsy: Wild Thing Vintage
- Vintage 70′s Red Maxi Dress Size 16 – Seller on Etsy: Bonnie Blue
Once again, a fun weekend comes to an end. It sucks, but I guess I have to return to reality. Thanks a lot San Diego for making me fall in love with you. There is something about beach cities that I just can’t explain. When I visit them, I don’t want to leave. I fall more in love every single time.
San Diego welcomed me, my hubby, and one of my bff’s with open arms. We ate, slept, ate, shopped, drank, and ate. We even went swimming, thank goodness the outdoor pool was heated! It was a lot of fun. And I love that it’s only 2 1/2 hours from me. I am definitely going back soon.
I wore this outfit Friday night. It was a very casual outfit for a casual dinner in Old Town. Don’t mind the yellow hue of the pictures, I think it was the poor lighting in the hotel hallway.
Linen Blazer: Lane Bryant (thrifted)
Top: Shade Clothing
Jeans: Old Navy
Shoes: Unlisted (Marshalls)
It’s called Missphit, and I want to try their clothes soooooo bad. Look at these cute pieces!! I’m curious about the quality and fit of their clothes.
Do you own any Missphit pieces?
As I make my way into the weekend for some much needed sun, fun, shopping, and relaxation-I can’t help but pass on what I think are summer essentials. In Monique language, that means beauty products your face, skin, nails, and hair will need to survive the harsh sun…and a few extras…of course. Besides, the sun also causes wrinkles!! That’s enough to convince me!
- Sunscreen: I can not stress how important it is to wear sunscreen. Come on! It’s your skin we’re talking about. The higher the SPF (Sun Protection Factor) the better. SPF is defined as a number assigned to a sunscreen that is the factor by which the time required for unprotected skin to become sunburned is increased when the sunscreen is used (Dictionary.com). There is even nail polish and daily skin moisturizers with UV (Ultraviolet Light) protection. Skin cancer will not make you curvaliscious by any means!
- Sunglasses: Please don’t forget about your lovely eyes! They need sun protection too! If you can, try buying sunglasses of higher quality. Sometimes, the less expansive brands do not carry any UV protection. I know this because, I used to work in the industry. If you take care of the sunglasses, it’s definitely a great investment.
- Lip Balm w/SPF: Here’s another product you might not think about, but those lips need all the protection they can get. Keep your lips sun-free and luscious at the same time!
- After-Sun Products: There are after-sun lotions, shampoos, and conditioners that will help replenish moisture to your skin and repair any damage done to your hair by environmental factors.
- Extras: Using any products (body scrub) to help prep your skin before you bare it, will definitely give you that summer glow. Even without going out into the sun, there are sunless lotions and bronzers to help.
Le blog de Letilor
I am a big fan of Jean Charles de Castelbajac. I love color, eccentric and unique things, I might even add bizarre things lol. My dream is to, one day, fit into on of his creations, definitely customized into my size !!
I really love hair accessories like a headbands, a cute little hair clips or a little bow tie. I do wear them often; it is a simple gesture, but it does add up a little extra something to the whole outfit.
Without any doubt, it would be a lipstick!! I love wearing lipstick that have a beautiful red or pink vividness. Therefore, I would create a color close to this two tones. I would manufacture a collection of classic lipsticks, but also another collection with more unique tones, without leaping into the ridiculous, of course !! As for a name, honestly I can’t really say.
If I had so little time, I would take my lovely black jacket, a pair of high heels, my pixel dress, my flounce dress and my inevitable little black dress. I’ll decide what to wear on the spot and in any case I think I’ll buy a lot of things once I get there !! Same for the accessories and the makeup, I would pick those of best value and use, and I’ll get the rest from there. As for the city, I would choose LONDON, because I have never been there and I’d do lots of shopping!!
My philosphy is to wear what we love, to find ourselves in a style that makes us happy and not to refrain ourselves from unique things, not necessarily in fashion. The most important thing is to feel great and hapyp in whatever we decide to wear!
Today’s topic is “What?” Yes, the entire phrase “What?” is on the table today.
I have heard many things in my day. Good things, bad things, and questionable things. But have you ever overheard someone say something about you and you just can’t help but say “What?”
I had that moment and I can’t believe I almost forgot to tell you about it!
So, there I was walking out of the medical center into the parking lot. There were two older men walking about 20 feet behind me. I know they were older because they probably couldn’t hear very well, hence their loud
Older dude #1: “You see that girl right there?”
Older dude #2: “Yeah?”
Older dude #1: “She got a cute face, but she’s kinda chubby.”
WHAT? Did I just hear them say that about me? I hope that wasn’t about me…was my first thought. But, I looked around and there weren’t any other women around. So, I assume they were referring to me.
That comment left me in kind of a weird place. I don’t mind the chubby part, because I am. But, do I feel good about being cute or do I feel confused because they only think my face is cute? Besides, I don’t do very well with compliments. I guess they do boost the good ol’ self esteem sometimes, but I don’t know how to take this one. The dudes were kinda creepy too.
Moral of the story…keep your “What?” comments to yourself or at least wait until you’re in the car to say them out loud. You’ll just leave me confused.
Hi yellow, it’s summer time and you are such a fun color to wear. And gray, you are so divine. Hmmm? How about you two colors hang out for a while? You really do compliment each other. You never know, you might become the best of friends.