Look at the lovely curvy ladies who made the cut and won the 2010 Torrid House of Dream model search. They were voted on by you! Aren’t they beautiful! Congrats! They’ve all won a trip to L.A. and they get to strut their stuff on the catwalk at an exclusive Torrid VIP fashion event.
Have you ever styled an entire outfit around your jewelry? No? You will once you’ve set your eyes on the glorious boutique style pieces from Stella & Dot. If you’ve heard of Stella & Dot, then you know their reputation for on trend designs, timeless creations, and amazing personal service.
Kacie Keenan, a Stella & Dot Stylist, wants to give you an opportunity to own a Stella & Dot design. That’s why she’s giving you a chance to win a $25 jewelry credit! Just look at a few of the pieces below from their Fall/Winter Collection.
The Adrienne Mixed Chain Necklace or Fringe Hoop earrings could be yours! These are such versatile pieces, dress them up or dress them down. You really can’t go wrong. The Anastasia Brooch has me drooling over here!
Not only is Kacie giving you a chance to win the $25 credit, but she’s also giving any Los Angeles or Orange County resident an opportunity to host a Stella & Dot trunk show at your home. You could receive $100s in free jewelry! And if you book a trunk show with her in September, October, or November, you will receive a free bracelet ($29 value) added to your hostess order. Go to her web site now for more information.
How to enter:
- Click here and go to Kacie’s Stella & Dot web site and leave a comment telling us which piece you love from their Fall/Winter Collection. Please leave a valid email address or twitter i.d.
- For an extra entry tweet the following “Completing my Fall/Winter look with the #StellaandDot and #CurvesandChaos Giveaway! http://bit.ly/9Nw9IA” . Please make sure to leave a comment with the tweet, or it will not be counted.
- Contest is only open to U.S. residents.
- This credit is only valid with Stella & Dot Stylist Kacie Keenan.
- You must be 18-years-old or older to enter.
- Winner will be chosen at random using Random.Org.
- Ends 9/26/10.
The overcast weather here in L.A. really has me thinking about fall more than ever. So, I couldn’t help but post this trend. The chunky knit is not only a trend for fall/winter of 2010 but, it is always a trend every year. Who doesn’t like to look fabulous while keeping warm? For me it’s a given! I love cable knit sweaters!! I actually have two in my closet from last season, I can’t wait to wear. I am also on the hunt for a chunky knit beret. Will fall just hurry up and get here already!
- Dorothy Perkins Grey Cable Roll Neck Jumper £35.00
- Urban Outfitters Staring At Stars Chunky Diamond Knit Beret $24.00
- ASOS Curve Aran Boyfriend Cardigan $64.03
- Avenue Cable Edge Knit Cardigan $36.90
- Alloy Cable Tunic $31.90
- Faith 21 Cable Sweater Cardigan $34.80
- Forever 21 Fingerless Cable Gloves $6.80
- Urban Outfitters BDG Cable Knit Scarf $24.00
- Old Navy Button-Front Cable-Knit Capes $44.50
- Evans Chocolate Rib Wrap £29.50
- Next Grey Cable Collar Cardigan $77.00
- Macy’s Style & Co. Cap Sleeve Cable Knit Tunic $29.98
Bohemian Bisoux Vintage on Etsy has some amazing vintage pieces. Of course there is a plus size selection, which all the pieces above are from. I’m dying for it all! Click on the pic for detailed info.
You’ve heard it a million times…yes, fall is right around the corner. But, what a better time than now to get those sweaters and cardigans under $10! I think this is one of my favorite bargainista finds for the upcoming season. Hurry up, before they sell out! (P.S. if you click on an item and it doesn’t come up, that means it’s sold out)
Of course I wore my favorite Lane Bryant Knit Denim Jeggings ($59.50) and my super awesome Mossimo wedges from Target that were a mega discount. I think the jeggings toned down the top, which could come off really dressy. I added my Forever 21 jewelry which included my favorite chunky chain necklace and a pair of stud earrings. Loved this outfit!
Like Rachel Zoe would say…”I die!”
Seriously, I’m in shoe heaven. I am speechless. All I know is that I WANT these Christian Louboutin brown suede platform pumps. The End.
When you first touch this dress, you can’t help but love the material; it is very soft. The navy and heather gray go so well together. These are two separate pieces, but they are attached at the shoulder area. And there is a black faux belt attached at the waist. I was worried it would ride up on me or the dress would fly open in the front, but it did neither of those things.
I was also amazed at how comfy and cool I was in this dress. We had a warm day today, and I wasn’t bothered at all. I think it could be really easy to dress this down with a pair of cute sandals as well. I think the thing I liked about this dress the most was the compliment I got while I was out and about. Thanks sales associate at Staples! Btw…the shoes are by Madden Girl.
I couldn’t help but notice the recent trend of geometric shaped jewelry. It’s a style anyone can wear and it could liven up the most toned down outfit, if you’d let it. I love the clean lines and simplicity of it all. Personally, I’d really like the Marc By Marc Jacobs bracelets. Just sayin’.
If you asked me to choose my favorite designer for clothes, accessories, and shoes; I would have to give it to this genius-Michael Kors. I am in LOVE with almost everything he designs.
His creations are modern, yet very chic. Nothing is an overstatement. Just the way I like it. And you know his pieces will carry from season to season.
Kors began his fashion career at 19 and has not looked back! He not only designs woman’s fashion, accessories, and shoes- he also has his own fragrance line. In case you’re wondering Macy’s carries his plus-size pieces. And yes, I love him on Project Runway. He’s so brutally honest.
When it comes to buying cosmetics, I’m all about the easiest and less expensive purchasing methods. That’s why I love the idea of buying your makeup in a set. Most of the time it works out better. And if you need help choosing shades and tools, it’s already done for you. You know what’s even better? Sometimes you get a free gift with purchase. Wow, this sounds great for someone like me.
If you know me, then you know I love designer sunglasses. I don’t know why I would spend so much on a small piece of plastic. Oh wait, I know…design and quality. Sunglasses and handbags is where I allow myself to splurge, if I have the cash. I would gladly take these Chloe sunglasses any day of the week. And just because summer is coming to an end doesn’t mean we stop thinking about sunglasses. Eye protection is year round baby! Why not make it fabulous eye protection?
Bring out the bad girl this fall! Grab your leather or faux leather motorcycle jacket! I know some of you are animal friendly, besides faux leather is a lot more inexpensive. Does that still make you a bad girl? Sure! At least you’ll be a HOT looking bad girl!
OK, enough with the bad girl talk, because I really want a motorcycle (A.K.A. a “moto”) jacket. I imagine it as an essential piece to any wardrobe, kind of like a black blazer. It can be worn so many ways, with so many different pieces. That’s what it’s all about right? Getting more bang for your buck. I think I might just head over to Forever 21 tomorrow.
- Lane Bryant Crinkle Moto Jacket $99.50
- Avenue Zipper Moto Jacket $59.90
- Faith 21 Weathered Faux Leather Jacket $37.80
- Faith 21 Metallic Moto Jacket $34.80
- Bloomingdales Calvin Klein Faux Leather Military Jacket $139.00
- Macy’s Alfani Faux Leather & Knit Zip Front $119.00
- Macy’s Jou Jou Faux Leather Motorcycle $64.00
- ASOS Curve Leather Jacket $168.50
- Bloomingdales KORS Michael Kors Zip Leather Jacket $395.00
- Evans Real Leather Biker Jacket £149.50
- Nordstroms Guess Distressed Faux Leather Moto Jacket $98.00
- Simply Be Mock Croc PU Biker Jacket $96.00
- Kohls Say What? Studded Motorcycle Jacket $62.00