Who loves a good fashion hunt? Meeeeeee! Yes, I’m a just a little excited right now. Because, my friends over at 365Hangers.com, created a really cool and fun app for people like us. It’s called Style Scavenger. And I’m a featured blogger with my very own challenge that gives fashion lovers like you a chance to play and win! It’s already started but you still have time to get in on the fun! Read more
See this #MySmarterCommerce hash tag? Over the next few weeks you’re going to see it around. I just thought I’d take a few minutes to let you know what it’s doing hanging around here. I was invited by IBM (Yes, that IBM) to join in on campaign where I share my personal story of how technology and social media plays a role in my life. Read more
Fashion and technology? In today’s world, these two work together in harmony. I know fashion bloggers wouldn’t exist without them. And if you’re a fan of Project Runway, then you know these two are lifesavers in crucial design moments. Those talented designers rely on their HP tablets and computers. Read more
You all know how much I believe in loving the skin you’re in. Now…yes, wait for it…there’s an app for that (I had to say it). The Body Beautiful iPhone app is now available for only 99¢. That’ s less than $1 to remind you on a daily basis how beautiful you are.
Designed to promote positive body image and self-esteem among women and girls, this app makes me want to ditch my Blackberry.
“Body Beautiful helps you love and appreciate your body and give it the respect it deserves!”
The app actually offers quite a few features:
- “Truth” section includes a growing collection of quotes about true beauty and body-image from celebrities, authors, athletes, and popular songs and movies. Shake your iPhone to change quotes. A “truth” a day keeps negative body image away!
- “Photo-Stamp” feature lets you imprint encouraging messages on a photo of yourself or a friend and share via email and social media.
- “Pledge” section lets you share the Body Beautiful pledge via email and Facebook and join the fight against the media’s standard of beauty, end “fat-talk”, and love your body.
- “Buzz” section streams relevant media articles and news stories that promote healthy body image and expose false cultural ideals about beauty.
- “Extras” include: Links to organizations, resources and videos to inspire and equip you on your Body Beautiful journey. Customizable preferences include ability to put a personal picture on the home screen.
It’s no secret that the iPhone and the iPad have revolutionized our little world. Getting information on the go and in the palm of your hand is more convenient than ever.
I do own an iPad and I will admit I’m kinda obsessed with the apps (a.k.a. applications). You know the saying…”There’s an app for that!” Well is there?
Not exactly. We all know I’m a shopaholic and I’d love to do some shopping from my iPad. Sadly, there are only a few options for the “curvy” lady.
I found a few free iPhone and iPad shopping apps that offer plus sizes.
Of course there are tons of fashion apps out there like Style.com, but only two of the shopping apps are by plus size retailers. It doesn’t make sense to me. I really hope to see more in the future. So, listen up plus size retailers…get your iPhone or iPad apps going. You’d make this curvy girl very happy!