I know we’re close to the end of summer, but you can still rock your bright floral prints like Gabourey Sidibe. Here she is at “The Big C” premiere, owning her outfit. Love how she added the shrug. Her smile is so contagious!
Did you even know this summer is the “Summer of Romance?”You didn’t? Well, it is and if you don’t enter to win this plus size robe with matching babydoll from Lingerie.com, then your summer might not sizzle. I’m just sayin’…
Available in sizes 1x/2x and 3x/4x, this set by Dreamgirl will definitely heat things up. Details to enter are below:
How to enter:
- Leave a comment here telling me which piece you love on the Lingerie.com web site.
- For extra entry: Tweet the following, but remember you must post the link of your tweet as a comment, or it won’t count. “I got killer curves from @lingeriedotcom & @CurvesandChaos and so can you! www.CurvesandChaos.com #curvesrule”
- For extra entry: Go to their Facebook page and “Like” them. Leave a comment telling me you did, so I can verify it.
- Only open to U.S. residents.
- Must be 18 years or older to enter.
- Winner will be chosen using Random.Org
- Giveaway ends on 7/30.
Now that it’s finally warming up here in L.A., I can’t wait to go to the beach. I guess my trip to the pool yesterday inspired me to pair these two colors of blue and green together. It definitely reminds me of water and the tan I started working on yesterday.
Summer has officially started and if you don’t believe me, just check your calendar. The 4th of July weekend is only a few days away! You know what that means…SALES! And you can’t forget the most important factor…the heat. The blazing sun is so unforgiving!
Interestingly enough, I think my hubby will really love this summer. Let me elaborate a bit…without getting too personal. LOL. Now, I’ve told you all before that I’m a t-shirt and sweats kind of girl. But, not this summer. I’ve never been so comfortable with my body and I am on a mission to make this a summer of firsts. Like…wearing lingerie to bed. I know! I know! But, I am a married woman who needs to keep the romance alive!
And after writing that review about that gorgeous Flyaway Babydoll from Lingerie.com, I realized how much I love wearing a sexy undergarment. And they definitely carry sexy plus size lingerie. Maybe these two will work?
As I make my way into the weekend for some much needed sun, fun, shopping, and relaxation-I can’t help but pass on what I think are summer essentials. In Monique language, that means beauty products your face, skin, nails, and hair will need to survive the harsh sun…and a few extras…of course. Besides, the sun also causes wrinkles!! That’s enough to convince me!
- Sunscreen: I can not stress how important it is to wear sunscreen. Come on! It’s your skin we’re talking about. The higher the SPF (Sun Protection Factor) the better. SPF is defined as a number assigned to a sunscreen that is the factor by which the time required for unprotected skin to become sunburned is increased when the sunscreen is used (Dictionary.com). There is even nail polish and daily skin moisturizers with UV (Ultraviolet Light) protection. Skin cancer will not make you curvaliscious by any means!
- Sunglasses: Please don’t forget about your lovely eyes! They need sun protection too! If you can, try buying sunglasses of higher quality. Sometimes, the less expansive brands do not carry any UV protection. I know this because, I used to work in the industry. If you take care of the sunglasses, it’s definitely a great investment.
- Lip Balm w/SPF: Here’s another product you might not think about, but those lips need all the protection they can get. Keep your lips sun-free and luscious at the same time!
- After-Sun Products: There are after-sun lotions, shampoos, and conditioners that will help replenish moisture to your skin and repair any damage done to your hair by environmental factors.
- Extras: Using any products (body scrub) to help prep your skin before you bare it, will definitely give you that summer glow. Even without going out into the sun, there are sunless lotions and bronzers to help.
Summer has just crept upon us! I know huh? Well, you know what that means…right? Luaus!! Pull out your tropical bird and floral prints. Don’t have any? No worries, I found a few for you. You’re going to be sitting there looking all cute, drinking out of a coconut, and eating BBQ. I love summer!
I would wear any one of them proudly in all of my curvy glory! Alisi is an Australian company, but they do ship internationally. You can even find them on these US and UK web sites, but it looks like sizes go pretty quickly. So get on it!
Let’s make a day at the beach or just lounging by the pool fashionably classic.
I’ve definitely been craving a day at the beach. I just want to grab my favorite magazine and a book and just lounge! When I was packing for San Diego last week, I realized that my entire beach outfit cost less than $35! That’s swimsuit, sun hat, and flip flops.
Well, you must know I’m a budgeting master. And just because you’re on a budget doesn’t mean you can’t look chic on the beach, right? Well, the entire look I put together (below) was only $95.83! This is definitely a look that will carry you through the entire summer.
Will UK’s Simply Be please hurry and come to the U.S. already! I’m drooling over here! I know they will be here this summer, but this shopaholic is getting impatient.
Look at this Simply Yours swim wear! I can’t stop staring at the Panache (polka dots) Swimsuit. I am looking for a cover-up too. Something that isn’t boring and a waste of money. Why is it always so hard to find a decent swimsuit?
- Panache Swimsuit
- Beach2Beach Swimsuit
- Simply Yours Bikini Set
- Beach2Beach Bikini Set
- Joe Browns Cover-Up
- Joe Browns Beach Dress
- Joe Browns Beach DRess