Brenda’s back with a fashion and beauty update!
Living in Arizona means you must always have a summer dress and chic sandals around! It’s gets pretty hot out there! Curves and Chaos loves this floral print tube dress.
And when it comes to makeup, she doesn’t discriminate. Whether it’s an over-the-counter or department store product, Brenda just wants it to perform. It has to get the job done!
Here are a few of the beauty products she used to get the following looks.
- Flower headband from Styles for Less and earrings from Target. Anastasia eyebrow pencil, Revlon Colorstay liquid foundation, MAC Studio Fix powder, Loreal Mother Pearl eyeshadow, MAC Satin Taupe eyeshadow, Revlon Colorstay pencil eyeliner in black, Revlon Double Twist mascara, Revlon Colorstay lip color in natural, and MAC blush in Margin.
- The dress brand is unknown…she stole it from her sister. Ring is from Target and sandals are from Charlotte Russe.
- Revlon Color Cream shadow and MAC eyeshadow in Dazzlelight Tempting and Retro-Speck.
- MAC Studio Fix powder and Revlon Colorstay liquid foundation.
- Anastasia Brow Wiz eyebrow pencil. Brenda claims it’s the best! Anastasia only specializes in brow makeup.
- MAC Studio Fix Powder and Revlon Colorstay liquid foundation, Revlon Colorstay lip Color in natural, MAC lipstick in High Tea, MAC eyeshadow in Tempting, MAC Retro-Speck, Revlon Cream shadow on top of eyeshadow, Revlon eyeliner, and Loreal Voluminous mascara.
- Revlon eyelash curler, Loreal mascara and Revlon Colorstay eyeliner in black. All great by The way!
- Revlon Colorstay Overtime lip color in Timeless Nude.
Over the past couple of years, I have blogged my little heart out. It wasn’t until this past January, when I created Curves and Chaos, that I realized just how much I’ve grown as a person. This isn’t a “pat myself on the back” moment either. I honestly believe that this community of amazing and beautiful curvy bloggers, has been exactly what I needed to realize what I love about myself.
- I know what true love is.
- I know I’m not perfect.
- I can be silly any minute of any day and not be embarrassed by it.
- I am comfortable in my own skin.
- I am stubborn and that’s OK.
- I use shopping as a way to relive stress.
- Sometimes, I eat dessert before dinner.
- I know the value of a hug.
- I rely on my faith to get me through this life.
- I know I would be nothing without the wonderful people in my life.
If you haven’t heard already, it was announced last week that UK plus-size retailer Simply Be, will launch their online store in the US this summer! Very exciting news!
That means we’ll be able to enjoy fashions like these!! Doesn’t fashion just make your heart flutter?
I’m going to stay closer to my price range…like Old Navy! One of my favorite stores to shop at. Here are three spring/summer alternatives, all under $40! And if the weather gets chilly, throw on a cardigan or wrap. Simple, easy, and cheap.
Last night, the hubby and I met up with his sister and brother to watch our lovely Los Angeles Lakers. I wasn’t really in the mood to dress up or anything. I was in one of my good ol’ comfy moments. Seems like I’ve been in that kind of mood lately. By the way, I haven’t worn a denim jacket since I was a little girl! I got this gray one at Old Navy for $7!! It has a very worn and thrifted feel to it. I wish it was more fitted, I felt like my waist got lost in this outfit. And yes…the Lakers did win!!
Jean Jacket: Old Navy
Sandals: Nine West
Jeans: Paper Denim & Cloth
Tank Top: Shade Clothing
Shoes: Nine West
Necklace: Forever 21
Jeans: Old Navy
Tank Top: Shade Clothing
Sandals: Nine West
Sandal Season is here!! Well, it is in L.A. Sorry, I don’t mean to brag. Some of you will get yours soon! Then you’ll want to try this trend, if you haven’t already.
This is another shoe style that I didn’t really love at first. That is until I tried it on and the gladiator sandal captured my heart. These go great with maxi dresses, capris, shorts, skirts, and even skinny jeans. If you have a wide foot, don’t worry…Torrid has us covered!
I just want to thank all those hunky Roman gladiators for bringing us this trend!
My golden rule: Make sure you try them on before buying them! I know this sounds like common sense, but the width can be tricky in these.
- Torrid Audrey Gladiator Sandal $28
- Alloy Mari Gladiator $42.90
- ASOS Oasis Interlinked Gladiator Sandal $64.25
- Torrid Anna Gladiator Sandal $28
- Torrid Marilyn Gladiator Sandal $28
- DSW Union Bay Valencia Sandal $24.95
- Dillards Kenneth Cole Reaction “Gem ‘N’ Toast” Sandal $79
- ASOS Miss KG Kalila Plaited Gladiator Sandal $84.55
- Forever 21 Elegance Lattice Sandal $18.80
I just got back from a weekend road trip, not a happy one, but I did get out of L.A. I had the chance to meet up with a lot of family that I haven’t seen in a long time. It was a pretty exhausting weekend. Let me tell you…I was very happy to be back home. I love me some City of Angels!! And just to update you, I am still on a budget…kinda. Lol. I did do some shopping last week. I spent my birthday gift cards…Sorry I didn’t do a post about the stuff I bought. But, I am in the mood to get a little shopping done at Forever 21. Here is what I have my eye on:
I was flipping through the pages of this month’s issue of Harper’s Bazaar and I came across the “Rules of Summer.” You know…the things you should be wearing this summer, according to HB. They listed “12 Easy Updates,” which include leather shorts and a white blazer.
I am so down for the white blazer, I think it would look great with almost anything. Very versatile. Shorts and a tank, a pair of jeans, or a summer dress would all look very chic. And it’s probably really easy to find one at a thrift or vintage store (sorry the brain is always on bargainista mode). This one below is by J.Jill.
Hmmm…I like the idea of leather shorts…but it doesn’t seem very practical when you live in L.A. where the temperature can reach into the 100’s during the summer. But, then I think, they look kinda cute. (FYI…these are by Juicy Couture and they are available up to a size 14). Then my mind starts thinking about the “what if’s?” What if they stick to my legs when it’s hot…or they make me sweat? Am I thinking too much into this?