Look at the lovely curvy ladies who made the cut and won the 2010 Torrid House of Dream model search. They were voted on by you! Aren’t they beautiful! Congrats! They’ve all won a trip to L.A. and they get to strut their stuff on the catwalk at an exclusive Torrid VIP fashion event.
The overcast weather here in L.A. really has me thinking about fall more than ever. So, I couldn’t help but post this trend. The chunky knit is not only a trend for fall/winter of 2010 but, it is always a trend every year. Who doesn’t like to look fabulous while keeping warm? For me it’s a given! I love cable knit sweaters!! I actually have two in my closet from last season, I can’t wait to wear. I am also on the hunt for a chunky knit beret. Will fall just hurry up and get here already!
- Dorothy Perkins Grey Cable Roll Neck Jumper £35.00
- Urban Outfitters Staring At Stars Chunky Diamond Knit Beret $24.00
- ASOS Curve Aran Boyfriend Cardigan $64.03
- Avenue Cable Edge Knit Cardigan $36.90
- Alloy Cable Tunic $31.90
- Faith 21 Cable Sweater Cardigan $34.80
- Forever 21 Fingerless Cable Gloves $6.80
- Urban Outfitters BDG Cable Knit Scarf $24.00
- Old Navy Button-Front Cable-Knit Capes $44.50
- Evans Chocolate Rib Wrap £29.50
- Next Grey Cable Collar Cardigan $77.00
- Macy’s Style & Co. Cap Sleeve Cable Knit Tunic $29.98
Like Rachel Zoe would say…”I die!”
Seriously, I’m in shoe heaven. I am speechless. All I know is that I WANT these Christian Louboutin brown suede platform pumps. The End.
Bring out the bad girl this fall! Grab your leather or faux leather motorcycle jacket! I know some of you are animal friendly, besides faux leather is a lot more inexpensive. Does that still make you a bad girl? Sure! At least you’ll be a HOT looking bad girl!
OK, enough with the bad girl talk, because I really want a motorcycle (A.K.A. a “moto”) jacket. I imagine it as an essential piece to any wardrobe, kind of like a black blazer. It can be worn so many ways, with so many different pieces. That’s what it’s all about right? Getting more bang for your buck. I think I might just head over to Forever 21 tomorrow.
- Lane Bryant Crinkle Moto Jacket $99.50
- Avenue Zipper Moto Jacket $59.90
- Faith 21 Weathered Faux Leather Jacket $37.80
- Faith 21 Metallic Moto Jacket $34.80
- Bloomingdales Calvin Klein Faux Leather Military Jacket $139.00
- Macy’s Alfani Faux Leather & Knit Zip Front $119.00
- Macy’s Jou Jou Faux Leather Motorcycle $64.00
- ASOS Curve Leather Jacket $168.50
- Bloomingdales KORS Michael Kors Zip Leather Jacket $395.00
- Evans Real Leather Biker Jacket £149.50
- Nordstroms Guess Distressed Faux Leather Moto Jacket $98.00
- Simply Be Mock Croc PU Biker Jacket $96.00
- Kohls Say What? Studded Motorcycle Jacket $62.00
For those of you who haven’t heard, there is a great and amazingly awesome plus size blogger conference in Las Vegas on September 17-19, 2010. It’s called Viva Fat Vegas and today I got confirmation of another amazing event occurring while we are there.
Brought to you by Moxie Management, it’s the 2010 Queen of the Desert Model Search!!
“Queens of the Desert® is a sizzling fashion experience showcasing voracious, vivacious, and voluptuous ladies rocking the latest Las Vegas high end fashion trend. The fiercest, sexiest woman will rock the pages of this mind-blowing magazine feature, which is currently on the search for one lady who will represent Las Vegas plus-size fashion! Are you that luscious, voluptuous, fashion-savvy vixen?”
The winner will win a package worth $3000! You must be 18 years old or older, 5’6 and above, and a size (US) 14 and above. Do you have what it takes to be “Queen of the Desert?”
You can submit an online application starting today, but the event will occur on Saturday September 18, 2010 at The Voluptuous Plus Fashion Boutique in Las Vegas. Go to the site HERE for more details!
I know the sun is blazing here in L.A., but I am still day dreaming about fall trends! We have seen this cascading trend already, but I don’t see it going anywhere just yet. This time it has hit our knits and jackets for the upcoming season. They are so easy to pair with your favorite tanks or tees. And it’s the perfect “go to” look with a pair of booties and jeggings. It definitely gives us that layered look we all love. I think I want them all! Why does that always happen?
- Old Navy Woman’s Plus Drape Front Sweater Vest $34.50
- Evans Grey Stud Waterfall Cardigan £35.00
- Nordstrom Halogen Tiered Open Front Jacket $110.00
- Ashley Stewart Sleeveless Knit Vest $24.00
- ASOS Exclusive Wrap Front Shrug $58.98
- Nordstrom Calvin Klein Jeans Blanket Sweater $99.50
- Love Drobe Waterfall Cardigan with Lace Back £35.00
- Eliza Parker Million Ways Long Cardigan $88.00
- Alloy Pointelle Cascade Cardigan $36.90
- Torrid Crocheted Vest $34.00
- SimplyBe PU Drape Jacket $91.00
- Wet Seal Slub Wrap $14.99
- Alloy Cascade Cardigan $36.90-38.90
InStyle Magazine asked celebrity stylist Nicole Chavez what every woman should have in their closet. According to Chavez, there are 10 key pieces every woman must have. I made this my curvy-bargain version.
I think I have maybe five of these items. Oh oh! Another reason to go shopping. What do think? Is the stylist on point?
1. Black Blazer
2. Leopard Print Scarf
3. Red Flats
4. Striped Shirt
5. Statement Necklace
6. Little Black Dress
7. Opaque Tights
8. Oversize Watch
9. Classic Trench
10. Flared Jeans
As I was flipping through one of my magazines, I came across the ad below from Fruit of the Loom’s “Fit for Me” collection. First of all, I am loving these curvaliscious models! Aren’t they beautiful? Secondly, YAY! for cotton undies made for curvy gals! I know I might sound a tad excited, but I love a simple and comfy cotton undie. I haven’t tried these, but I promise you I will. And when I do, I will write a full review for you!
According to their web site they are available in sizes 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, and 14. Which is equivalent to dress sizes 16W, 18W, 20W, 22W, 24W, and 26W. And they come in different colors and patterns.
Has any one out there tried these yet? Dying to know.