We are right in the thick of summer and I am still loving the ethnic print trend. Serape patterns, embroidery, Otomi fabric, Aztec print and all the different varieties of classic Mexican fabric are my jam, totally. Read more
Found Objects is a creative and unique brand created by Angelica Callanta, a Chicago based designer, stylist and entrepreneur. She not only designs jewelery, but she also creates handbags, including custom designs and reconstructed vintage pieces.
“My aim is to find ordinary objects and morph them into extraordinary yet classic pieces of wearable art. My hope is that my designs convey a seamless combination of sophistication, elegance and fearless street style. When a woman wears ‘Found Objects’ I want her to exude confidence, grace and femininity paired with playful originality.”-Angelica Callanta
I featured some of her recycled leather jewelry from the Aurora line. I found her on Etsy and instantly loved her earth-friendly, hand crafted pieces. Especially the Slash Cuff.
Guess what? One lucky winner will get to choose any piece from the Aurora line! It’s even open internationally!!
Here’s what you have to do to enter (state all 3 items in ONE entry):
- Leave a comment below telling me what piece, from the Aurora line, you’d choose if you won (make sure you leave a valid email address or your entry will NOT count).
- You must “Like” Found Objects on Facebook.
- You must be following Curves and Chaos via Google Connect (on sidebar).
- Follow @FoundObjects on Twitter.
- Tweet “I’m Eco-chic with the @FoundObjects and @CurvesandChaos giveaway! Enter today http://bit.ly/p01y4X “
|Maganda Recycled and Revamped Jewelery|
Today is Earth Day, a day to appreciate and bring awareness to the Earth’s environment (although we should be doing that every day). Did you know there are so many things you can do to honor our planet?
As a fashionista there are more than enough ways to be fabulous, chic, and green. In middle school, I was taught the three R’s-Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle.
You can incorporate these three R’s in your every day life…fashionably of course. And if you’re like me…you should start with baby steps, like recycled jewelery. This is when items are reused or reworked into pieces of jewelery. I went on the hunt on one of my favorite sites, Etsy. They are all about handmade items. I found a few sellers below who caught my attention with beautiful and eclectic pieces of jewelery.
Bohemian Bisoux Vintage on Etsy has some amazing vintage pieces. Of course there is a plus size selection, which all the pieces above are from. I’m dying for it all! Click on the pic for detailed info.
It’s already the 3rd week of July and it’s been an amazing summer! First, I’d just like to thank Anika from Sweetfaced Style, who featured me over the weekend. She has an amazing series called “Spreading the Love.” Thanks girlie!! She’s a super sweet bohemian chic blogger! Check her out! Hugs!!
Now, it’s Monday and we know that Monday’s aren’t always the best, especially when you’ve had an amazing weekend. Hopefully my next giveaway will make it a little bit better!
Remember that post I did about NewExtrave Fashion Studio? They’re an amazing clothing studio I found on Etsy. They’re offering a $25 credit towards a purchase on their Etsy site. Prices range from $29-$82, so that’s a great deal! Visit their site here and details to enter are below!
- You MUST visit their Etsy site and leave a comment telling me which piece you’ll buy if you win and why you love it! .
- Must leave a valid twitter or email address.
- For an extra entry tweet the following: I just entered to win $25 off a NewExtrave design @CurvesandChaos http://bit.ly/cEncTU
- Please make sure to post the link of your tweet, as a comment. Or I won’t be able to keep track of your extra entry.
- Only one entry per household, unless adding an extra entry via twitter.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Contest Ends 7/26 12pm PST
Have you ever dared to buy “one size fits all” clothing? I am seriously thinking about it after seeing these pieces by NewExtrave on Etsy. They not only look comfy, but they look perfect for the summer. Most items are made from linen or cotton, which is super cool in my book. Some can even be custom made. They have tons of great reviews too. Would you try a “one size fits all dress?” If you’ve ever purchased anything from NewExtrave, please let me know.
Are you a vintage lover? Of course you are! Here are a few vintage pieces I found on the always amazing web site Etsy. If you love handmade and vintage items, then this is the site you need to visit. Such great one of a kind pieces here. Just like these four dresses I am drooling over.
- Black Magic Woman Vintage Dress Size 18 – Seller on Etsy: Scenes Vintage
- Vintage 1970′s Ruffle Disco Dress Lemon Yellow Size 20 – Seller on Etsy: Runz with Scissors Vintage
- Stevie Nicks Vintage Black Benee Dress Size 15/16 – Seller on Etsy: Wild Thing Vintage
- Vintage 70′s Red Maxi Dress Size 16 – Seller on Etsy: Bonnie Blue