As I make my way into the weekend for some much needed sun, fun, shopping, and relaxation-I can’t help but pass on what I think are summer essentials. In Monique language, that means beauty products your face, skin, nails, and hair will need to survive the harsh sun…and a few extras…of course. Besides, the sun also causes wrinkles!! That’s enough to convince me!
- Sunscreen: I can not stress how important it is to wear sunscreen. Come on! It’s your skin we’re talking about. The higher the SPF (Sun Protection Factor) the better. SPF is defined as a number assigned to a sunscreen that is the factor by which the time required for unprotected skin to become sunburned is increased when the sunscreen is used (Dictionary.com). There is even nail polish and daily skin moisturizers with UV (Ultraviolet Light) protection. Skin cancer will not make you curvaliscious by any means!
- Sunglasses: Please don’t forget about your lovely eyes! They need sun protection too! If you can, try buying sunglasses of higher quality. Sometimes, the less expansive brands do not carry any UV protection. I know this because, I used to work in the industry. If you take care of the sunglasses, it’s definitely a great investment.
- Lip Balm w/SPF: Here’s another product you might not think about, but those lips need all the protection they can get. Keep your lips sun-free and luscious at the same time!
- After-Sun Products: There are after-sun lotions, shampoos, and conditioners that will help replenish moisture to your skin and repair any damage done to your hair by environmental factors.
- Extras: Using any products (body scrub) to help prep your skin before you bare it, will definitely give you that summer glow. Even without going out into the sun, there are sunless lotions and bronzers to help.
It is officially summer! Are your lips ready? Yeah, I said lips. You know you need to keep them hydrated. Why not add a colorful Benefit lip gloss to your makeup bag while you’re at it. I love these shimmery colors for summer. I can’t choose just one!
It doesn’t get any cooler than these eye shadows from bareMinerals? I’ve never been daring when it comes to trying different products, but I might just have to try out these colors: Patience, City Lights, Reveal, Azure, and Liberty.
When I saw these colors, the first thing that came to mind was a day at THE BEACH! A cool summer breeze…lounging….having an ice cold drink in my hand…the sound of the waves…
I was flipping through my new issue of Elle, when I came across the “Elle Beauty Obsession” page. I fell in love with this pic! The nail polish is OPI’s Hong Kong collection “Jade is the New Black” and the lipstick is Chanel’s Rouge Allure Lipstick in “Super.” I need the nail polish!! I found it on Amazon for $2.50!! I have to ask the hubby if we can fit this in our budget!
Oh!! How I wish I was bold enough to wear eyeshadow colors like these from Benefit.
Man, it’s not fair! Why didn’t I get that daring make-up gene? Sometimes, I will by an eyeshadow in an amazing color…and it just sits there. Just waiting for me to try it. Poor little lonely eye-popping shadow…sigh.
FYI…enter this Benefit contest. I did!
Enter to win year-round California beauty & fashion from Benefit Cosmetics & Michael Stars. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. Sweepstakes ends 4.4.10.
Whoever say’s they don’t like anything free is out of their mind! Free is good…no…it’s great! Take that glowing or not-so-glowing skin of yours to Sephora for a free in-store Skincare Consultation. Your face will thank you for stopping by!
After watching this video, I have decided to try a natural lipstick. Watch it…you will understand.
Normally, I wouldn’t pay $18 for a lipstick, but I had a Sephora gift card from Christmas. So, I splurged.
I bought the Korres Mango Butter Lipstick in Coral. I must say that I loooooooove it.
It leaves my lips soft and I love the fact that it has an SPF of 10. If you go to their web site and fill out the survey, they give you $10 off your purchase and a free tote!
Stella McCartney Paris Fall 2010