This is a compensated campaign in collaboration with PONDS® and Latina Bloggers Connect.
When I was younger, I was that girl who always fell asleep with her makeup on…always. As I got older, I learned about how important it is to take off that makeup before heading to bed. Today, I not only take off my makeup, but I have a nightly beauty routine before I get those much needed zzzzzzzz’s. I not only sleep better, but I wake up with more radiant and refreshed skin. Pond’s sent me a few products to add my already existing routine and they fit in quite nicely!
I had never really used any Pond’s products before, so I was happy to test a few out. I was even more excited to read about their collaboration with the world famous Rockettes! These ladies are known for their precision dance routines where every step is the same. But when they’re off stage, their beauty routines are choreographed to their individual needs. What a coincidence…just like mine!
Believe me, developing a nightly beauty routine specific to your skin’s needs is super helpful. I’ve seen a big turnaround in the health of my mine and that’s something I definitely appreciate. And if I ever miss a night, let me tell you, my skin can tell! I normally have normal to oily skin, but when my schedule gets all screwed up it will start to feel dry and blemishes will start to appear. That’s why I have to keep up with my routine.
My nightly beauty routine goes a little something like this…
- Remove Makeup: There are no exceptions when it comes to this. By removing my makeup, I’m not giving it a chance to sit in my pores all night, along with dirt and oil. I normally use a makeup removing wipe. For the past two weeks I’ve been using Pond’s Evening Soothe® Wet Cleansing Towelettes infused with chamomile and white tea. I found it to be not only soothing and calming, but the texture of the wipe helped remove the day’s makeup, dirt, and oil.
- Brush Teeth: I can’t forget to brush my pearly whites before bed. This is a must!
- Moisturize Face: I always make sure to moisturize my face before my head hits the pillow. My skin is now clean and my pores are open to all of the benefits of my favorite nighttime moisturizer. I’ve also been using Pond’s Rejuveness Anti-Wrinkle Cream. It’s formulated with Alpha Hydroxy Acids and collagen. It’s a daily moisturizer made to visibly reduce the appearance of fine lines in two weeks.
- Comb My Hair: I can’t stand to go to bed with a messy and tangled mane. I brush my hair before bed, nothing fancy. Just a quick combing always makes me feel better.
- Apply Lip Balm: My lips are part of my face, so they get a layer of moisture too! If I don’t do this, I wake up with dry cracked lips.
- Apply a Calming Lotion: I found a lotion that contains lavender and jasmine, two calming ingredients. I apply it to my chest, arms, and hands. I feel like it helps relax me.
- Drink a Glass of Water: I’ve read that it helps aid in digestion and other bodily functions.
You can find these Pond’s products and more at Walmart. They have one for every skin type and need.
Do you have a nightly beauty routine? Share it with us below!