This summer I’m going to do everything I can, in the beauty department, to make this a carefree season of fun. This includes protecting my hair, skin, and nails. Yes, this is my idea of fun. I created a list of 10 summer beauty favorites that are definitely must-haves for me. Here’s to a hassle-free summer!
1. The New Braiding Handbook: Author and blogger Abby Smith of TwistMePretty.com has put together a book of trendy twists, fishtails, and updos. In my opinion, they are perfect for summer. Don’t worry, she included easy to follow instructions and step-by-step photos. I’ll need to practice a few of these for my summer looks. Check it out here.
2. Mary Kay At Play Bold Fluid Eyeliner: This summer I plan to add a pop of color to my look with these fun liquid eyeliners from MK. There are four intense colors to choose from—Gold Metal, The Real Teal, Blue My Mind, and Hello Violet. Find them here.
3. AERIN Gardenia Rattan: I’ve never been a fan of floral fragrances, until now. This is one I just might run out of this summer. With floral notes of Gardenia, Tuberose, Tiare Tahiti, and a touch of Amber—it’s perfect summer mix. Find it here.
4. Dove Advanced Care NutriumMoisture Shea Butter Anti-Perspirant Deodorant: When it comes to deodorant and these L.A. summer’s I can’t afford to mess around. Seriously, it gets hot here! I know I can always depend on Dove for those needs. And with their NutriumMoisture and Shea Butter, I know it will provide ultimate care after every time I shave. Learn more here.
5. Mary Kay TimeWise Targeted-Action Eye Revitalizer: Let’s be honest, summer is usually filled with tons of activities and for me that means puffy eyes and dark circles. I just started using this serum and it’s so amazingly delicious and cool on the eyes. Key ingredients include Citrus Peel (Apigenen), Cucumber Cucumis Sativa, Oat Kernel (Avena Sativa) Extract, and Gotu Kola Centella Asiatica). Find it here.
6. H2O+ Spa Sea Salt Hydrating Body Gloss: Always a fan of this line, there is just something about a body spray that leaves your skin soft, glowing, and fragrant. Spritz this on after you get out of the shower for healthy looking summer skin. I’m obsessed with the green tea scent and key ingredients. Learn more here.
7. Neutrogena Ultra Sheer® Face + Body Stick Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 70: No summer beauty list would be complete with my Neutrogena sunscreen. It’s a must! I really love this stick for daily use. It’s lightweight, no-mess, and can be used on your face. But, make sure to apply evenly or you’ll be left with unwanted tan lines. Yes, it works that good! Get it here.
8. Lubriderm Daily Moisture Lotion with Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 15: You know I need to wear lotion daily…for this I go to Lubriderm. It really has become my daily essential. I don’t leave home without it. Check it out here.
9. L’Oreal Paris Hair Expertise Everstrong Anti-Breakage Double Serum: I already know my hair will take a beating with the sun, wind, chlorine, and salt water. I’ve decided to include this serum to my daily hair routine to protect, strengthen, and fortify my hair from the inside out. Find it here.
10. L’Oreal Paris Extraordinaire Gel-Lacque 1-2-3 Kit: As fast as my nails grow, I can’t afford to get a gel manicure every two weeks. And this summer they will take a beating (like I mentioned with my hair above). This kit allows me to do my nails at home and a lot cheaper, without the UV rays. May not be identical to the salon, but as long as I get the shine and longer wear out of it, I’m good. Learn more here.
Disclosure: Items in this post were provided for review purposes only. Any and all opinions expressed are true and my own.