No, we aren’t talking about the traditional Japanese kimonos. Although, those are amazingly beautiful. I’m talking about the loose fitting, lightweight, and almost cardigan-like kimono. A few have really caught my eye and now that’s all I can think about. I’m looking at you ASOS! So, I did a little research and found a few favorites that need to make it into my wardrobe.
Styling one of these kimonos is really easy. Here are a few of my suggestions:
- Pair with skinny jeans and a tank.
- Wear one over a bodycon dress.
- Layer it with a pair of leggings and a flowy tank.
- Throw one on over a crop top.
- Wear it as a top and fasten it with your favorite wide belt.
There really are tons of ways you can style one. It’s up to you and your personal style. Don’t you just love that? And don’t think you have to stick to the plus size section. A lot of these run big, so make sure you try on different sizes. Feel free to stick with traditional floral prints, but don’t ignore any tribal or abstract designs. I’d also recommend hitting up your favorite thrift stores and vintage shops for that perfect kimono.
1. Lucabella Kimono In Watercolour Print 2. Soprano Print Woven High/Low Cardigan 3. ASOS CURVE Kimono In Oriental Floral Print 4.Love Culture Plus Size Tribal Print Fringe Kimono 5. Forever 21 Worldly Ikat Woven Kimono 6. Forever 21 Tropical Floral Chiffon Kimono 7. ASOS CURVE Exclusive Kimono In New Floral Print