The Golden Globes have come and gone, but the red carpet will live on in our hearts forever. Right? Well…it will for me. Because I have the inside scoop for you beauty lovers. I have a few tips on how you can get the beauty look of some of our favorites from last night’s red carpet—Sofia Vergara, Cate Blanchett, Julia Roberts, Zooey Deschanel, Rashida Jones, Drew Barrymore, and Allison Williams. And they were all about that classic beauty!
Golden Globe winner Cate Blanchett was going for a “Modern Romance” look last night. I think she looked beautiful! Here’s what her makeup artist had to say: “We didn’t want to do the expected red lip to go with her gorgeous Armani black gown,” Said Lobell. “So we went the softer route. No harsh lines. Instead, I blended colors for dimension.”
How to get Cate’s look: Eye
- Lancôme Hypnôse Waterproof Custom Volume Mascara – Jeanine piled on layers and layers to both the top and bottom lash line, combined with individual flares, to create dramatic lashes.
- Chanel Les 4 Ombres Quadra Eye Shadow in Intuition and Illusion D’Ombre Long Wear Luminous Eyeshadow in Emervielle – By blending the pinky-beige and goldy-beige shades and dusting them from the lid to the lash line, in addition to adding a pop of Emervielle to the lid, Jeanine was able to create dimension without using any liners.
- Nars Brow Perfector and Brow Gel – Jeanine created a defined but not too harsh brow.
- SK-II Facial Treatment Mask – Jeanine prepped Cate’s skin with this while she was getting her nails done.
- Nars Love Blush
- Lancôme Translucence Mattifying Silky Press Powder
- Jeanine layered both powders in order to highlight Cate’s defined cheekbones.
- Giorgio Armani Rouge Ecstasy Lipstick in #502 Scarlatto and #509 Boudoir.
- Jeanine layered #509 Boudoir (a nude rose) on top of #502 Scarlatto (a raspberry rose).
I’m never one to pass up Sofia Vergara on the red carpet. She’s got that classic and sultry beauty on lock down. And not only do you get the steps on how to get this makeup look yourself, but you get them directly from Sofia herself. She shares all the tips below!
“For this year’s Golden Globes, I really wanted to do something different. I wear makeup every day – I wouldn’t think about leaving the house without it! – but of course it’s such a big night, and everyone is taking pictures, so I have to look good! With my dress so elegant and my necklace so bold (and heavy!), I wanted to keep my hair and makeup simple and classic,” said Sofia.
- To start off with a good base that would last all night, I started with COVERGIRL truBLEND Foundation in M6 which is super lightweight and blendable.
- On top, a light dusting of powder to set the look and a bit of rosy color for the apples of my cheeks with Clean Glow Blush in Roses.
- My dress and jewels were the center of attention, so I had to balance my hair and makeup. For me, a really glamorous evening look starts with the eyes. I love the drama of a cat eye – tonight I went with brown liner as opposed to black with Bombshell Liner in Chocolate Kiss to create the look.
- I then used Bombshell Shine Shadow in Gold Goddess to give my eyes a little sparkle.
- As always, I LOVE big lashes so I used Bombshell Volume Mascara on my top and bottom lashes to add volume and intensity.
- For me, lipstick is a must – I feel naked without it. I wish I could just wear a nude shade, but it’s not me – I need color. I went with a bold red with LipPerfection Lip Color in Flame.
- Oh I also always keep a gloss in my purse for touch-ups!
I’m such a fan of Julia Roberts and she never disappoints. Celebrity makeup artist Genevieve Herr gave Julia Roberts a strong, smoky eye for the red carpet. I love it!
How to get Julia’s look: Face
- Lancôme Teint Miracle Foundation
- Lancôme Blush Subtil Palette in Nectar Lace
- Lancôme Color Design Eye Shadow in It List and The New Black
- Lancôme Liner Design Gel EyeLiner in Black Fishnets
- Lancôme Hypnôse Doll Lashes Mascara
- Lancôme Rouge in Love in Lasting Kiss
- Manicurist Lisa Jachno applied Lancôme Vernis in Love in Midnight Rose to her fingers and toes
I’m so happy actress Allison Williams wore Alexander McQueen. She stood out on the red carpet. And so did her makeup! Avon Global Celebrity Makeup Artist Lauren Andersen shares how you can get her look.
How to get Allison’s look:
- First, Lauren groomed Allison’s brows with Votre Vu Brow Wax.
- Next, she played up Allison’s baby blue eyes with a classic smokey eye using Avon True Color Eyeshadow Quad in Urban Skyline.
- Lauren lined her eyes with Avon Glimmersticks Eye Liner in Blackest Black and then coated lashes with Avon Mega Effects Mascara.
- On Allison’s face, Lauren applied YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat Illuminating Foundation and then dusted on Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Radiant Light.
- Lauren swiped Laura Mercier Second Skin Cheek Colour in Rose Petal on the apples of Allison’s cheeks.
- To complete the look, Lauren applied Avon Ultra Color Absolute Lipstick in Ripe Rose.
- Create a perfect canvas using FLOWER About Face Foundation with Primer.
- Use the FLOWER Kiss Me Twice Lip & Cheek Chubby in Apricot-a-lot to create a natural flush on the cheeks
- Apply FLOWER Color Play Creme Eyeshadow in Rest On Your Laurel to brighten the eyes, while using the brown shades in the Flower Shadow Play Eye Shadow Quad in Foxy Browns on the outer corners of the eye
- Line eyes with the FLOWER On Your Mark Liquid Eye Liner and coat lashes with the FLOWER Zoom-In Ultimate Mascara.
- Use the FLOWER Lip Suede Velvet Lip Chubby in Red-dy to Bloom to add a pop of color on the lips and finish the look.
- After prepping nails, Tom created an offset French manicure using a pastel yellow polish, L’Oréal Paris Colour Riche Nail Versailles Romance in Crème Puffs (discontinued); He applied the polish along the tip of the nail on an angle, swooping upward at two thirds of the way creating an off center point.
- He applied L’Oréal Paris Magic Top Coat Collection in True Gold (discontinued) with a striper brush along the top of the French tip to soften the line between the tip and the bare natural nail
- Apply one coat of L’Oréal Paris Colour Riche Nail Top of the Line top coat ($5.99)
- Once dry, Tom used different size gold studs to create the center of the daisies to give the nail a 35 effect; The daises were randomly placed, off center and sometimes overlapping.
- Using L’Oréal Paris Colour Riche Nail in I Will! ($5.99), he used a small detail brush to create the petals
- He finished the look off by adding more of the gold glitter polish over the daisy centers, blending out onto the petals.
- To set the entire look, apply one coat L’Oréal Paris Colour Riche Nail Top of the Line top coat ($5.99)
— Rashida Jones (@iamrashidajones) January 13, 2014
- Refresh with JOHN MASTERS ORGANICS Rose & Aloe Hydrating Toning Mist, then lightly massage L’OREAL PARIS Age Perfect Glow Renewal Facial Oil into skin to hydrate, sooth and add radiance. Gently tap SHISEIDO Benefiance Eye Cream with ring finger.
- Tap CARGO_HD Picture Perfect Lip Primer onto lips to hydrate & prepare lips for lip color. Apply CARGO_HD Picture Perfect Pore Refining Primer all over face with a disposable triangular sponge to give skin a smooth canvas to apply makeup and long lasting wear.
- Apply CARGO_HD Picture Perfect CC Cream in medium/dark with a flat foundation brush in sections over face and neck, then blend with water moistened Beauty Blender sponge. Lightly dust CARGO_HD Picture Perfect Translucent Powder lightly all over face and eye area to prepare for the rest of the makeup.
- Use ANASTASIA Brow Wiz sparingly to fill in and shape brows, brush with a clean spool brush to even out and distribute color, then set shape with ANASTASIA Brow Gel in clear. To highlight the eyes, apply CARGO COSMETICS Essential Eye Palette in Dark Neutral and complete the cat eye look with CARGO COSMETICS Texasliner Liquid Eye Liner – keep the line width narrow, but extended, tilting the wing on the end slightly. The line begins 3/4 in from the outside of eye to open the eye area. Apply two coats of CARGO COSMETICS Better-Than-Waterproof Mascara in Black to upper and lower lashes.
- Brush CARGO COSMETICS Bronzer in Medium onto temples and high on the outer cheeks to add golden radiance and sweep under chin to define the jaw line. While smiling, apply CARGO COSMETICS Swimmables Water Resistant Blush in Ibiza on the apple of the cheeks with a fluffy round dome brush to give a flushed glow with a shimmering hot pink blush and add shine with a touch of CARGO COSMETICS ColorStick cream blush in Maui for extra staying power & radiance.
- Create a strong lip using L’OREAL PARIS Infallible Never Fail Lip Liner in Red/Wine and CARGO COSMETICS Essential Lip Color Lipstick in Bordeaux.