This is a compensated campaign in collaboration with Dove & Latina Bloggers Connect.
Is your skin stuck in a rut? I feel like my face has it’s moments. It’s so temperamental, especially when I don’t take care of it. And now that it’s fall (with winter on the way), it’s going to be a little harder to get that luminous skin we all want. But, it is possible. Here are my tips for luminous fall skin.
- CREATE A DAILY WASH ROUTINE: Yes, you should wash your face twice-a-day. Create a simple routine that includes a thorough removal of your makeup at night. Please don’t fall asleep with your makeup on! My routine consist of a foaming face wash, toner, serum, eye cream, and a day/night moisturizer.
- WEAR SUNSCREEN: It might be cloudy and dreary out, but UV rays still get through. Continue to wear a sunscreen or moisturizer with one included. Your skin needs it’s protection in all seasons. I wear it daily.
- DRINK LOTS OF WATER: When I stay hydrated, I notice a change in my skin. It’s tends to glow. Now, when I don’t drink enough water, my skin looks drab.
- EXFOLIATE: I usually exfoliate every other day with a gentle exfoliating cleanser, but this should be done according to your skin type. Exfoliating helps get rid of the dead skin cells, giving my skin it’s glow. If you have gentle skin, be careful.
- EAT YOUR VEGGIES: I stick with vegetables high in Beta-Carotene, Vitamin C, and Vitamin E. They do amazing stuff for our skin. This article breaks it down.
If you joined us for the recent #MujerDove Twitter party, you may have seen some of these tips I shared above. That chat was filled with great info from Dr. Barba! Did you know that Dove does have 50+ years in the skincare game? I guess you can say they know a thing or two about luminous skin.
Just take a look at their Dove Clear Tone that’s designed to reduce red and dark underarm marks and even the skin tone. It’s dermatologist tested and specially formulated with Calendula and Sunflower Seed Extracts to help restore skin to its natural tone. I love that!
Dove Clear Tone Anti-Perspirant/Deodorant is available in:
- NEW Pink Rosa Invisible Solid : Floral and fruity with scents of violet, rose and raspberry.
- Skin Renew Invisible Solid: Light floral notes of violet, lilac and rose with vanilla musk.
- Sheer Touch Invisible Solid: Light citrus notes with hints of almond and coconut milk.
- Clinical Protection Skin Renew: Offers prescription strength wetness protection with the blossom maximum level of active ingredients (20%) available without a prescription.