If there’s one thing I want to sound like a broken record about, it’s going to be protecting your skin from the harsh sun. Yes, again! As a Neutrogena Ambassador, I was more than happy to be a part of this sponsored campaign on behalf of Latina Bloggers Connect and Neutoregena. And as long as you read this blog, you are a part of my family. You’re a family member who will really love and benefit from my sun safety tips for healthy skin…especially in the summer!
I can’t stress enough how important protecting your skin from the sun can be! And please don’t think because you have a darker skin tone you can’t get burned. We all know that’s false! Watch the video at the end of the post for some alarming stats.
Here are my personal sun safety tips for healthy skin:
- Invest in a “Broad Spectrum” sunscreen. This means it will help protect your skin against UVA and UVB rays. Apply and reapply as directed.
- Look for beauty products that contain Broad Spectrum sunscreen with a SPF of at least 15. Whether it’s your facial moisturizer, foundation, or lip balm/lipstick, it will help!
- Limit your time in the sun. Along with all of your protection, try not to spend too much time in the sun laying out. If you do, please remember to reapply your sunscreen frequently.
- Stay away from tanning booths! According to the Skin Cancer Foundation, a tan is a tan, no matter how you get it. Tans are caused by dangerous and harmful UV (ultra violet) radiation. Check out self-tanners or bronzers for a healthier glow!
- Wear other protection along with your sunscreen, like hats, long sleeve shirts, cover-ups, maxi skirts, and don’t forget your sunglasses. Finding items with UPF (ultraviolet protection factor) label will also come in handy.
Those are my five sun safety tips for healthy skin this summer (and all year around). If you want more tips and a chance at winning some awesome prizes, make sure you join us for the Neutrogena Beautiful Inside Out Twitter party on July 10, 2013! I’m going to be one of the host! You don’t want to miss this!
Date: Wednesday, July 10th, 2013
Time: 9PM EST / 6PM PST
Where: On Twitter with the Hashtag #NTGBeautifulInsideOut