How to Get Jennifer Lopez’ Met Ball FauxHawk
Jennifer Lopez…why do you always have to look so stunning? Seriously? After I was just making a point on Twitter that there wasn’t anything really interesting about the Met Ball…then I see you. I see you with this awesome fauxhawk hairstyle. One that I think I’m just going to have to recreate one day.
If you’re wondering why she rocked a fauxhawk (fake mowhawk)—she was embracing The Metropolitan Museum of Art’s upcoming exhibit “Punk: Chaos to Couture.” It was the theme of the night for the ball. On a side note, I really want to see this exhibit when I’m in NYC this summer!
And the leopard print dress? It’s Michael Kors.
OK, back to J.LO’s hair. So, if you loved her look and are thinking about recreating her fauxhawk, then you’re in luck. The people over at L’Oreal Paris gave us tips on how you can do it yourself.
Below you’ll find instructions from L’Oreal Paris Brand Ambassador and Celebrity Hairstylist, Marcos Carrasquillo. He even offers product recommendations to get this look.
So what do you think? Do you see a fauxhawk in your future?
How to Get Jennifer Lopez’s FauxHawk Updo:
- Pull your hair into a high ponytail at the crown of your head. Spray the sides and front with L’Oréal Paris Elnett Satin Extra Strong Hold Hairspray and comb through it to tease your hair and give it a polished, voluminous effect. Make sure not to touch the bangs as this will be done as the last step.
- Use hot rollers to curl the bottom tips of your hair and pin them to the crown of your hair, leaving them in place for 15-20 minutes.
- Once, the hair is fully curled-comb each side very tight and pull your hair as if you’re creating a high ponytail. Spray a lot of hairspray to the sides to tighten.
- Tease your bangs and use L’Oréal Paris EverStyle Texture Series Energizing Dry Shampoo to give it texture and spray them with hairspray very lightly and twist them to the back-giving them a swoosh effect.
- Pin where needed to recreate the punk look.
- Quick Insider Tip: Marcos recommends to use the new L’Oréal Paris Feria Wild Ombré to recreate J.LO’s subtle ombre golden hair color.
- L’Oréal Paris Elnett Satin Extra Strong Hold Hairspray
- L’Oréal Paris EverStyle Texture Series Energizing Dry Shampoo
- L’Oréal Paris Feria Wild Ombré ($12.99)