Of all the things I love to do in this world, sweating is not one of them. Especially stress sweating, which smells worse! I know why our bodies do it, but that doesn’t make it any cuter. In fact, when Secret reached out to me for this sponsored post (with a giveaway), I knew I had to jump right in, say yes, and share my tips on how to fight stress sweat!
We all know about regular old sweat, but stress sweating is in a world of it’s own. According to Secret, it comes from a whole different gland that causes more bacteria and odor. And it’s caused by every day stressors like your job, relationships, cleaning or cooking (yuck), and that awful thought of never being able to get everything done in one day! Aye!
Yes, sweating is all-natural, but if you’re concerned about body odor than you might need to check out Secret’s line of Clinical Strength deodorant. You’ll find it in Stress Response, Soothing, Light & Fresh, Powder Protection, Sport, Waterproof, Sensitive Skin, Ooh-La-La Lavender, Fresh Water Orchid and Mean Stinks–Fearlessly Fresh. Its patented odor-fighting capsules absorb odor and release scent as needed, providing four times more protection.
Now let’s get on to my five tips to help reduce stress, which will help with the yucky stress sweating.
- BREATHE: This is the first thing you should always do. Stop whatever it is you’re doing and find a quiet place. Take a long deep and slow breath. Feel free to repeat this a few times, no hyperventilating please. This has helped me many times when I’m feeling stressed out.
- WALK AWAY: Once again, stop what you’re doing and take a walk away from whatever is stressing you out. I have a lush courtyard in my complex that makes me feel like I’m in another world sometimes. Find a serene place that will take your mind off the stress, even if for a few minutes. Maybe go shopping? Just saying!
- SOOTHING MOMENT: Light a candle and turn on some soothing and relaxing music. These two actions are quick and easy to do. It can do wonders for you. I seriously have a “relaxation” channel on Pandora.
- GET IT OUT: A good laugh can make you feel better when you’re having a moment. Sometimes I feel like stress is built up inside my chest. Pop in your favorite funny movie and let it out. I’m all for watching Step Brothers in my time of need. I’m laughing just thinking about the movie! Hahahahaha…
- TALK ABOUT IT: Find someone to talk to about whatever is stressing you out. Whether it’s family, a friend, or a therapist. The saying “get it off your chest” was made for stress. You might get that piece of advice or help that could make things so much easier. Never be afraid to talk about it.
Now it’s time to share your tips on how you fight stress! Leave a comment below and you’ll be automatically entered to win a full-sized Clinical Stress Secret deodorant sample. I’ll choose 10 winners!! Make sure you leave a valid email address too.
No purchase necessary to enter. Void where prohibited. Open to United States residents only. Only one entry (comment) per person. You must be 18 years-or-older to enter. Winner will be chosen at random on 5/03/13 and have 24 hours to claim prize. I am not responsible for shipping mishaps or product damages. By entering this giveaway, you agree to these terms & conditions.