I’ve been going to yard sales (a.k.a rummage sales and garage sales) since I was little kid and I’ve even hosted a few. And now that summer is almost here, there are going to be tons of them and I can’t wait. This morning I attended one held by Stylist Reah Norman. Now, if you’re going to attend a yard sale, you definitely want to go to one held by a stylist. Reah is a close friend of mine, so I made sure to go and support her. Oh…I also wanted to do some shopping. I walked out with three tops, a dress, a scarf, a bracelet, and a pair of shoes for $35! I was definitely a happy shopper.
After I left, I started thinking how awesome yard sales are. If you call yourself a bargainista and you’ve never been to one…well…let’s just say you’re not really a full fledged bargainista. LOL. Here are my reasons why you should love yard sales.
- Low Low Prices-The whole idea of going to yard sales is to buy items at low prices. These are things the person hosting it doesn’t want anymore, so you might even have a chance to negotiate on prices as well.
- You’re Going Green-When you buy an item, you’re saving it from going into the landfill. Therefore you’re reusing it and that makes the planet happy.
- Vintage Finds-You never know what you’ll come across at yard sales, especially if it’s an estate sale. People have found unique and valuable items just by rummaging through boxes people pull out of their garages.
- No Pressure-It’s all about leisurely shopping, just walking around and taking your time. And no one will make you feel bad if you leave without buying anything.
- Happiness-You’re giving an article of clothing a second chance to make you look fashionable. And in the end, that leads to happy clothes and a happier you.