As I make my way into the weekend for some much needed sun, fun, shopping, and relaxation-I can’t help but pass on what I think are summer essentials. In Monique language, that means beauty products your face, skin, nails, and hair will need to survive the harsh sun…and a few extras…of course. Besides, the sun also causes wrinkles!! That’s enough to convince me!
- Sunscreen: I can not stress how important it is to wear sunscreen. Come on! It’s your skin we’re talking about. The higher the SPF (Sun Protection Factor) the better. SPF is defined as a number assigned to a sunscreen that is the factor by which the time required for unprotected skin to become sunburned is increased when the sunscreen is used (Dictionary.com). There is even nail polish and daily skin moisturizers with UV (Ultraviolet Light) protection. Skin cancer will not make you curvaliscious by any means!
- Sunglasses: Please don’t forget about your lovely eyes! They need sun protection too! If you can, try buying sunglasses of higher quality. Sometimes, the less expansive brands do not carry any UV protection. I know this because, I used to work in the industry. If you take care of the sunglasses, it’s definitely a great investment.
- Lip Balm w/SPF: Here’s another product you might not think about, but those lips need all the protection they can get. Keep your lips sun-free and luscious at the same time!
- After-Sun Products: There are after-sun lotions, shampoos, and conditioners that will help replenish moisture to your skin and repair any damage done to your hair by environmental factors.
- Extras: Using any products (body scrub) to help prep your skin before you bare it, will definitely give you that summer glow. Even without going out into the sun, there are sunless lotions and bronzers to help.